Worldwide smartphone market
- As per the Counterpoint Analysis report, Samsung maintained its place within the international markets and accounted for a big 20 % share in Q3.
- The analysis word claims that Samsung’s newest foldables have acquired a combined response, “with the Flip 5 outselling its counterpart by practically twice as a lot.”
- Samsung’s A-series fashions remained market leaders within the mid-range value phase, as per Counterpoint.
- Apple secured the second place with a 16 % market share. That is regardless of the restricted availability of the iPhone 15 sequence.
- Xiaomi, OPPO and Vivo have secured the remaining positions within the top-five checklist. All these manufacturers have skilled a YoY decline.
Counterpoint analysis notes that in Q3, the businesses have primarily focussed on consolidating their presence in markets like India and China. That is whereas slowing down the enlargement efforts in different international markets. Honor, Huawei, and Transsion Holdings had been among the many manufacturers in exception, and have managed to realize market share and report YoY progress in Q3.
Huawei’s progress may very well be attributed to the launch of the Mate 60 sequence in China, as per Counterpoint. However, Honor’s progress may very well be due to the sturdy abroad gross sales. Transsion Holdings expanded its presence and benefited from the restoration within the Center East and Africa (MEA) market. That is the one area that stands out with YoY progress in Q3, courtesy of enhancements in macroeconomic indicators.
Markets, together with North America, Western Europe, and South Korea have recorded a considerable decline in gross sales. Nevertheless, the report notes that these markets may see a bounce again within the fourth quarter, primarily as a result of delayed impression of the iPhone launch.
“Following a robust September, we anticipate the momentum to proceed until the year-end, starting with the complete impression of the iPhone 15 sequence together with the arrival of the festive season in India, adopted by the 11.11 gross sales occasion in China and ending with the Christmas and end-of-year promotions throughout areas. In This autumn 2023, we anticipate the market to halt its sequence of YoY declines,” Counterpoint added.
Counterpoint Analysis additionally initiatives that the general market will expertise a decline for the whole yr of 2023, reaching the bottom degree previously decade. This shift may very well be attributed to altering system substitute patterns, particularly in developed markets.